THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES ?

Monday, February 25, 2008

Phillippines

I think dexter presentation was alrite. Although he sounded a little nervous, he delivered his information better than I expected. I think next time dexter need to structure his points accordingly because I felt his information was scattered around.
I would have like it if he have spoken more about Abu Sayyaf group and the Muslim minorities in the South part of Phillippines.

From my own reading , I have found out that Abu Sayyaf means bearers of Sword in Arabic and many people believe it is closely link to Osama bin laden which I found it to be untrue. In addition, I discovered Abu Sayyaf is former led by Abdurajak Janjalani, a Philippine Muslim who fought in the international Islamist brigade in Afghanistan during the Soviet occupation but now it is led by Khadaffy Janjalani after his brother Abdurajak Janjalani died.

I dont see these Muslim minority freedom fighters as a terrorists although they may have kidnapped twenty people, including three Americans, at one of Philippine exclusive resort and demanded ransom payments in 2002. I just think they just want the world to acknowledge them by commiting these crimes.They stand for the rights of Muslim in Phillippines by seeking for independence from the government of Phillippines although it is done through the brutal ways.

0 comments: